Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Getting Started...

Hey fellow guitar enthusiasts, just wanted to let you know a little bit about myself and this blog.

To be completely honest, this is my first ever blog, and I am sure I have no readers as I am putting up this first post. However, hopefully over time that will change. I decided to start this blog for two reasons... First I love guitar, and have few friends that share the same interest, so I thought it would be fun to blog about it. 2. I am at school and am far too lazy for a real job so I was hoping to get some money out of the adsense. But seriously, I look forward to gaining some followers, and maybe even learning a few things myself in the process.

A little background on me, I play guitar and have been playing for 7 years now. I consider myself to be a pretty advanced guitarist, especially compared to other people I know that have played as long as me. Now I am sorry for sounding a little cocky there, but I just want you to know I have some credibility, and I am not just some average joe who picked it up last week. Anyway, I am currently rocking the Fender Stratocaster American Standard HSS. The HSS means it has a humbucker in the bridge pickup (by the way for anyone considering this guitar I highly recommend it). I play all sorts of music such as blues, classic rock, alternative/grunge, and metal. I also know how to play country and jazz style, but it is not my specialty as I only studied it to become a more well rounded guitarist.

Some of my favorite bands/guitarists include Jimi Hendrix, anything Tom Morrello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, The Nightwatchman, Street Sweeper Social Club), Buckethead (Praxis, Death Cube K, along with some self titled work), Pink Floyd/David Gilmour, Metallica/James Hetfield/Kirk Hammett, Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page, Slash, Nirvana/Kurt Cobain, Duane Allman, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteem, John Mayer, and anyway the list goes on, but as you can see I like alot of different styles of music. What I look for in whatever genre it is, is a good guitarist. I actually like music that has no singing, just has one big guitar solo (if you like that too let me recommend Buckethead).

Anyway, that was just a little background on me, tune in to my blog to see some posts on my take on "the best guitarist", the future of rock (hint: it will fuse with another style of music), songwriting tips, my opinion on the current state of rock and pop, band/album/guitar/gear reviews, and of course some helpful advice on improving your guitar playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment